To be eligible to register continuously without conditions, a student must achieve satisfactory academic progress. Concordia will follow federal-financial-aid policy on satisfactory academic progress as long as Concordia accepts federal funding.  (See full policy details at SAP Policy)

When a student does not maintain satisfactory progress, the university will impose certain restrictions that will affect the student’s eligibility for enrollment:

  1. Academic Probation:
    Academic probation is a formal warning that students did not achieve satisfactory progress. A student on probation will remain eligible to enroll in the subsequent term, but must achieve satisfactory progress at the end of that term or face disqualification. Undergraduate students will be limited to a maximum of 16 credits in their probationary term.
  2. Disqualification:
    Disqualification occurs when students do not meet satisfactory academic progress requirements for two consecutive terms.  Additionally, for first year undergraduate students with no prior college credits earned, first term of enrollment: To be eligible to return for a second term, a student must achieve at least a 1.0 GPA their first term.  Students will be notified of their disqualification in writing by the registrar.  Students may appeal to be re-admitted by completing the Disqualification Appeal Form. (Undergraduate Disqualification Appeal Form and Graduate Disqualification Appeal Form).

Minimum Academic Standards expected at Concordia University

Qualitative – Students are expected to meet or exceed a cumulative earned grade point average (CGPA) of 2.00 for Undergraduate Studies and 3.00 for Graduate Professional Studies.

Quantitative – Students must complete a minimum cumulative of 67% of all attempted course work at CSP.  Any course with a grade of withdraw (W), fail (F), incomplete (I) or No Pass (N) shall be considered not completed. A course is counted as completed only once, regardless of how many times attempted, or the grade earned. Transfer credit(s) will be counted as attempted and completed, thus affecting a student’s cumulative completion rate.

If you have questions about implications of how withdrawing, failing or otherwise not completing a course will affect your academic standing, please contact your academic advisor or the Registrar’s Office. 

Commonly Asked Questions

What GPA should I look at to determine my standing? – You should look at your Cumulative or Overall GPA rather than your term GPA.  Remember that as you accumulate more credits, your Cumulative GPA is harder to move.

If I repeat a course, how will it affect my standing? – Repeated courses can help your Cumulative GPA significantly, since the lower grade is eliminated from your GPA.  However, your completion percentage may be adversely affected depending on the original grade earned.  If repeating a course that was already passed, the attempted credits will increase, but earned credits will not.  If repeating a course that was failed or withdrawn, the earned credits will increase with the attempted credits.  Please see your advisor to help determine if repeating a course is in your best interests.